Title: Social Media Manager
Commitment type: Full time
Pay: Compensation commensurate with experience and industry standards
Civic Studios runs a Hindi Youtube channel called Pocket Change that creates relatable, comedy content for young Indians with democracy at its heart. We have a slate of police comedies, family dramedies, news shows and sketches that will encourage young people to make democracy a dinner table conversation. We are currently focused on short form fiction formats in the range of 5-8 minutes, and are aimed at 18-35 years old Indians across tier 1 and tier 2 cities.
We are looking for a Social Media Manager who is driven to execute our channel’s communication from design to evaluation
- Develop & execute the social media strategy for the Pocket Change handles on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, MX TakaTak, JioChat, etc.
- Develop original social media content with the social media team for video release campaigns and hygiene content.
- Develop & execute the paid and organic growth strategy for the channel’s social handles.
- Oversee social media design and packaging approach.
- Oversee influencer strategy and outreach – paid and organic.
- Set audience and engagement growth targets and tracking key performance metrics.
- Competition trends and analysis
- Establish best practices, and staying abreast of new tools and trends for social media marketing
- Interest in using social media to drive conversations around social / civic issues
- 3-4 years experience in managing social media for digital entertainment brands
- Experience in managing a small to medium team of content creators
- Excellent communication abilities (oral and written); proficiency in spoken and written Hindi and English is a must
- Good creative design & editing sensibilities; experience with creating memes, infographics is welcome
- Knowledge of social media insights, and ability to guide metrics analysis into strategy and planning
- Knowledge of digital advertising ecosystem, including experience with social media advertising
- A balance of a creative and data driven approach to driving growth on social media platforms
We actively encourage applicants from all backgrounds irrespective of gender, sexuality, caste, class, ability, and ideology, and aim to provide a nourishing workspace for all.
All roles at Civic Studios require an interest in civic engagement and participative democracy.
Submitting an Application :
Please send the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: ‘Applying for Social Media Manager’:
(A) A copy of your resume with a brief cover note
(B) Please answer the following 3 questions using anywhere between a few sentences to one paragraph for each:
- Please tell us about why this role interests you.
- Tell us about 1 social media project you worked on where you felt challenged by the task objectives, and how you met the requirement.
- Please tell us about one social media campaign you have seen recently that you thought was well done. Tell us 1 creative and 1 strategic aspect of the campaign that stood out to you.