About Civic Studios
“Democracy is not a spectator sport”.
Civic Studios tells stories which bring citizens and government together to help build stronger democracies.
Civic Studios is based in Mumbai, India and was incubated at the MIT Media Lab, USA under the Civic Entertainment research project.
Title: Social Media Manager
Location: Civic Studios office (BKC, Mumbai, India) and/or remote work optionl
Commitment type: Part-time or Fulltime
Pay: Compensation commensurate with experience
We are looking for a Social Media Manager who is driven to execute the company’s communication from design to evaluation:
- Develop & execute the social strategy for our company handles on Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, and Youtube
- Ideate on interesting, engaging ideas for communicating our work, organizational interests, behind the scenes updates, conversations on civic entertainment, etc.
- Design and post content on our social platforms that is solutions-driven, accessible, and fun
- Build our community outreach through engagement with relevant networks of media production, public institutions, partner organizations, creative and technical talent, academia, etc.
- Track our performance metrics to ensure our social presence is making the desired impact
- Interest in using social media to drive conversations around social issues, civic issues and media impact
- Excellent communication abilities (oral and written); proficiency in spoken and written Hindi and English is a must
- Good creative design sensibilities and familiarity with design software (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Canva) as well as basic video editing skills are required; experience with creating memes, infographics is welcome!
- 1-2 years of proven experience with communication or social media a bonus
- Strong editing and researching skills
- Strong attention to detail
All roles at Civic Studios require an interest in civic engagement and participative democracy.
Submitting an Application
Please send the following details to email@example.com.
(A) A copy of your resume with a brief cover note
(B) Please answer the following 3 questions using anywhere between a few sentences to one paragraph for each:
- Please tell us about why this role interests you.
- Tell us about 1 communications project you worked on where you felt challenged by the task objectives, and how you met the requirement.
- Please tell us about one social media campaign you have seen recently that you thought was well done. Tell us 1 creative and 1 strategic aspect of the campaign that stood out to you.
Read more about Civic Studios and Civic Entertainment:
Introduction Deck: Download by clicking here