Title: Social Media Head
Commitment type: Full time
Pay: Compensation commensurate with experience and industry standards
Civic Studios runs a Hindi Youtube channel called Pocket Change that creates relatable, comedy content for young Indians with democracy at its heart. We have a slate of police comedies, family dramedies, news shows and sketches that will encourage young people to make democracy a dinner table conversation. We are currently focused on short form fiction formats in the range of 5-8 minutes, and are aimed at 18-35 years old Indians across tier 1 and tier 2 cities.
We are looking for a Social Media Head who is driven to execute our channel’s communication from design to evaluation
- Develop & execute the social media strategy for the Pocket Change handles on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, MX TakaTak, JioChat, etc.
- To lead the creative voice of a channel that combines civic messaging and humour in a way that connects with the young Indian. This would require an expert grasp of the ever changing social media landscape, trends and practices.
- Develop original social media content with the social media team for video release campaigns and hygiene content.
- Develop & execute the paid and organic growth strategy for the channel’s social handles.
- Oversee social media design and packaging approach.
- Oversee influencer strategy and outreach – paid and organic.
- Set audience and engagement growth targets and tracking key performance metrics.
- Competition trends and analysis
- Establish best practices, and staying abreast of new tools and trends for social media marketing
- Interest in using social media to drive conversations around social / civic issues
- 4-8 years experience in managing social media for digital entertainment brands
- Experience in managing a small to medium team of content creators
- Excellent communication abilities (oral and written); proficiency in spoken and written Hindi and English is a must
- Good creative design & editing sensibilities; experience with creating memes, infographics is welcome
- Knowledge of social media insights, and ability to guide metrics analysis into strategy and planning
- Knowledge of digital advertising ecosystem, including experience with social media advertising
- A balance of a creative and data driven approach to driving growth on social media platforms
We actively encourage applicants from all backgrounds irrespective of gender, sexuality, caste, class, ability, and ideology, and aim to provide a nourishing workspace for all.
All roles at Civic Studios require an interest in civic engagement and participative democracy.
Submitting an Application :
Please send in your resume and a cover note to email@example.com with the name of the role you’re applying for in the subject line.