Title: Full time Research and Communications Associate
Location: Civic Studios office (Mumbai, India)
Commitment type: Full time
Pay: Compensation commensurate with experience
About Civic Studios
Civic Studios is a media production start-up based in Mumbai, India and was incubated at the MIT Media Lab, USA. We create fiction & non-fiction content that entertains and inspires an action-oriented civic culture. Recently, we launched Pocket Change, a Hindi digital channel for Indian youth which creates relatable, short form, comedy content with civic engagement at its heart. Our formats range from fiction & presentational sketches, news parodies, mockumentaries and more.
We are looking for a full time Research and Communications Associate to work on research for Civic Studios and our Youtube channel, Pocket Change. Your work will involve designing and implementing secondary and primary research to develop unique research briefs on a range of diverse topics. You will work in close collaboration with our content team. The Associate will also contribute to our social media and external outreach, communication.
We are looking for someone who has/is:
- Driven by curiosity and possess a love for doing research
- Passionate about chasing tough questions and doing what it takes to figure-out their answers
- A preliminary understanding of research methods and their implementation. It’s a plus if you’ve worked on conducting impact evaluations
- Prior work experience in the research/legal field is preferred but not mandatory
- Keen to be part of a fast-paced work environment with a birds-eye’ view to the process of content creation
- Strong communication skills and an interest in contributing to social media
- Fluent in spoken Hindi
- Undertaking topic based primary and secondary research
- Brainstorming and finding unique angles, approaches that can be taken in researching a particular topic
- Being the in-house fact checking expert and carrying out creative research
- Developing end-to-end research briefs for content creation in a variety of output formats
- Collaborating with the research team in tracking the impact of the content
- Contributing to the social media and helping with external outreach and communications
- Working as a part of the research team and in very close collaboration with the content team
- Being up to date with mainstream and independent pop culture, social media trends, and memes
- A curiosity to understand our public institutions like police, judiciary and parliament, and figure out how our democratic processes really work on ground
We actively encourage applicants from all backgrounds irrespective of gender, sexuality, caste, class, ideology, and ability, and aim to provide a nourishing workspace for all.
All roles at Civic Studios require an interest in civic engagement and participative democracy.
How to Apply
Please send the following details and documents in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Applying for Research and Communications Associate.
- Your resume
- A short cover note/email about why you’re interested in this position
- Expected remuneration (pre-tax)