Title: Director for fiction sketch comedy
Commitment type: Full time or part time basis availability/project type
Pay: Compensation commensurate with experience
Civic Studios runs a Hindi digital content channel called Pocket Change that creates relatable, comedy content for young Indians with civic engagement at its heart. We talk about issues around laws, policy, governance and policing that affect young people, in a way that empowers them to make better use of our institutions of democracy. We are currently focused on short form fiction formats in the range of 5-8 minutes, and are aimed at 18-35 years old Indians across tier 1 and tier 2 cities.
We are looking for an in-house director who can creatively lead the production of our short form fiction sketch projects for Youtube, and also our social platforms. This will include, but is not be limited to:
- Developing the project from script to screen w.r.t. managing the visual treatment, the tone and pace of the video in coherence with the channels content philosophy
- Contributing and participating in the writing process to guide the script from a visual treatment perspective
- Briefing and leading all departments of production to achieve the creative vision of the project within set timelines
- Supervising post production and timely release of all videos while maintaining quality and creative vision of the project
- Contributing to the making of other in-house properties across our Youtube and our social media channels as per need and availability
- 2-5 years of directorial experience, preferably in digital comedy sketch space.
- A team player with a collaborative attitude & leadership skills
- A strong creative vision with openness to improvise and engage with production constraints
All roles at Civic Studios require an interest in civic engagement and participative democracy.
How to apply:
Please send in the following in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your resume
- Your portfolio or work samples
- A short cover note/email about why you’re interested in this position
- How you found out about this position