Title: Creative Producer
Commitment type: Full time or part time basis availability / project type
Pay: Compensation commensurate with experience
Civic Studios runs a Hindi digital content channel called Pocket Change that creates relatable, comedy content for young Indians with civic engagement at its heart. We talk about issues around laws, policy, governance and policing that affect young people, in a way that empowers them to make better use of our institutions of democracy. We are currently focused on short form fiction formats in the range of 5-8 minutes, and are aimed at 18-35 years old Indians across tier 1 and tier 2 cities.
We are looking for Creative Producers who are excited to join the team & drive our Pocket Change productions from inception to release.
- Lead the full life-cycle of a project, including creative development, scripting, production and release
- Actively contribute to the writers’ room discussions at ideation stage, and develop scripts with writers via referencing, feedbacking, etc. to ensure scripts are creatively sound, relevant to our target audience, backed by research, and in line with channel objectives
- Liaise with the in-house research team to meet writers’ research requirements basis the concept and script development process
- Engage the crew for direction, pre-production and post-production; work with the in-house content producer to leverage professional networks and assemble the crew which can deliver high quality and efficiencies
- Work alongside in-house production team to liaise with key external collaborators such as external writers, Acting Talent, Art, Costume, DI, Music, Casting, Graphics, etc., ensure the creative vision is aligned through the pre and post production cycle via briefings, feedbacking, revisions, etc., ensure good relations are maintained with different vendors for future projects
- Planning the marketing and social media campaign for the video release alongside the social media team
- Analyzing video’s performance metrics after the release of the video, and drawing out learnings for the channel’s editorial approach going forward
- Engaging with the core editorial team on shortlisting future topics and formats, staying abreast with audience insights, suggesting creative explorations across formats and genres, etc., sharing learnings to smoothen production processes, etc.
- Creative Producer with minimum 2-5 years of proven work experience in creative production for digital content
- Proven experience in creative production of short form fiction formats, where they have participated in writers room discussions and managed creative processes with external and internal teams across multiple departments
- Good film-making knowledge with regards to writing, camera, and editing techniques
- A team player with collaboration and leadership skills; can plan ahead for smooth running for the project
- Excellent communication skills, active problem solving approach and a ‘doer’ attitude is essential
- Strong crew network in pre- and post- production (production houses, line producers, casting, Art, music, DI, graphics), and creative (writers, directors, editors, etc.) fields
- Well versed with trends on Indian social media, Internet culture and popular culture
- Excited to use the medium of fiction comedy to drive conversations on social and civic topics, and contribute to growth of a new Youtube channel
- Must be bilingual (Hindi/English)
We actively encourage applicants from all backgrounds irrespective of gender, sexuality, caste, class, ability, and ideology, and aim to provide a nourishing workspace for all.
All roles at Civic Studios require an interest in civic engagement and participative democracy.
How to apply:
Please send in your resume and a cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the role you’re applying for in the subject line.