About Civic Studios:
Civic Studios is a media production start-up based in Mumbai, India and was incubated at the MIT Media Lab, USA. We create media on democracy and social change. Our formats range across fiction & non-fiction genres in short and long formats. Please visit our website www.civicstudios.com to know more.
About Pocket Change:
Civic Studios runs a Hindi-language YouTube channel called Pocket Change that creates relatable, comedy content for young Indians with democracy at its heart. We have a slate of police comedies, family dramedies, news shows and sketches that will encourage young people to make democracy a dinner table conversation. We are focused on short form fiction formats in the range of 5-8 minutes, and are aimed at 18-35 years old Indians across tier 1 and tier 2 cities. You can check us out on youtube.com/c/pocketchangeofficial.
Title: Content & Operations Manager
Start-date: January 3rd, 2022
Commitment type: Full-time
Pay: Compensation commensurate with experience
The Content & Operations Manager will join a young media start-up to further grow and build the organization across its media offerings towards democratic change.
- New content properties: Develop new content properties from an operations and execution perspective e.g. setting up required creative and production teams, mapping out financial and production resources, identifying new talent, outreach and communication for external collaborations
- Hiring and team planning: Manage (and/or work with the Human Resources team) team planning, hiring outreach, identifying new talent, talent database management, on-boarding and integration of new team members
- Operational efficiency: Engaging with the various creative and production teams to review operational processes, identify gaps and requirements, improve efficiencies, and share findings across teams to ensure overall smooth functioning of production
- Budget management: Manage budgets across various departments ensuring financial processes and yearly budgets are maintained, bringing in reductions and savings through innovative ideas and processes
- Horizontal management: When relevant, manage work with various external agencies that may be hired by the company such as marketing, PR, social media, legal, and audit to monitor deliverables and coordination with internal departments
- Organizational and cultural: General workplace management with regards to office and team operations, organizational culture, events and expert conversations
- General: Staying abreast with content trends and audience insights, suggesting content explorations across formats and genres based on data, engaging with various team members on shortlisting future topics and formats, etc.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in media production including creative development, operational management, hiring and team building
- A strong ability to set up systems, plan for end-to-end execution, and build follow up and feedback systems to ensure smooth implementation
- An active approach to predicting and planning upcoming organizational requirements across production departments
- A good understanding of various creative production processes and past experience of observing writers room/creative discussions; ability to balance creativity and operational requirements of a media organization
- A team player with collaborative and leadership skills who can work well with multiple profiles across departments
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to establish connections and working relationships across teams
- Ability to speak fluently in English and Hindi
- Past experience of start-ups will be preferred
We actively encourage applicants from all backgrounds irrespective of gender, sexuality, caste, class, ideology, and ability, and aim to provide a healthy workspace for all.
All roles at Civic Studios require an interest in civic engagement and participative democracy.
How to apply:
Please send in your resume and a cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the role you’re applying for in the subject line.