Location: Mumbai, India
Commitment type: Full time or part time basis availability/ project type
Pay: Compensation commensurate with experience
Civic Studios is developing a new Hindi Youtube channel for young India. The channel consists of humour led sketches with a tadka of social & civic reform messaging. The idea is to instigate change with laughter, portraying civic sense as the new common sense.
Our formats will range from fiction sketches, quiz shows, how to’s and more. Each video is approximately 3-10 min long.
||3 years experience +|
||2 years experience +|
- Based in or can relocate to Mumbai (post Covid is acceptable)
- Experience in fiction sketches is preferred
We actively encourage applicants from all backgrounds irrespective of gender, sexuality, caste, class, ideology, and ability, and aim to provide a nourishing workspace for all.
All roles at Civic Studios require an interest in civic engagement and participative democracy.
How to apply
Please send in the following in an email to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Applying for <specific position of interest>:
- Your resume
- A short cover note/email about why you’re interested in this position
- Your creative portfolio with video links of any previous work (Please call out fiction sketch experience, if any)
- Your social media handles
- How you found out about this position
Read more about Civic Studios and Civic Entertainment:
- MIT Comparative Media Studies Dept.: How Entertainment can help fix the system
- Professor Henry Jenkins: How Do You Like It So Far? Podcast: Anushka Shah on Civic Entertainment