Title: Digital Video Editor
Location: Civic Studios office (BKC, Mumbai, India)
Commitment type: Full time or part time basis availability/ project type
Pay: Compensation commensurate with experience
Civic Studios is developing a new video based digital content channel. It is a Hindi focussed youth based brand that brings everyday civics to citizens in a fun and engaging way. We will be creating a number of short form video series with a civic entertainment focus. Each series will work with creative, fiction and non-fiction video formats, ranging from repurposing archival footage, creating video memes and graphic explainers. It will be a place for experimentation, learning and growth.
- Being an active part of a team that develops short-form digital videos for a web platform focussed on civic change.
- Working fast and efficiently to edit videos with different styles and approaches as per the series concept
- Being able to respond to briefs, come up with ideas and apply yourself to create narrative structures.
- Addressing basic design and animation needs of digital videos
- Managing post production workflow as part of the team
A dynamic multi- talented video editor who is politically aware and engaged. They should be curious and self- reliant. An interest and ability to use pop culture in story telling would be an added benefit.
- 2-5 years in Digital Video Editing
- Video Editing
- Story structure and development
- Color Correction- Basic
- Sound Design- Basic
- Motion graphics- Intermediate to professional level
- Additional Animation and Design capacity a bonus
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Any additional softwares for animation, design, colour and sound is welcome
All roles at Civic Studios require an interest in civic engagement and participative democracy.
How to apply:
Please send in the following in am email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your resume
- Your portfolio or work samples
- A short cover note/email about why you’re interested in this position
- How you found out about this position