About Civic Studios:
Civic Studios is a media production start-up based in Mumbai, India and was incubated at the MIT Media Lab, USA. We create media on democracy and social change. Our formats range across fiction & non-fiction genres in short and long formats. Please visit our website www.civicstudios.com to know more.
About Pocket Change:
Civic Studios runs a Hindi-language YouTube channel called Pocket Change that creates relatable, comedy content for young Indians with democracy at its heart. We have a slate of police comedies, family dramedies, news shows and sketches that will encourage young people to make democracy a dinner table conversation. We are focused on short form fiction formats in the range of 5-8 minutes, and are aimed at 18-35 years old Indians across tier 1 and tier 2 cities. You can check us out on youtube.com/c/pocketchangeofficial.
Title: Brand Solutions Head
Commitment type: Full time
Pay: Compensation commensurate with experience
The Brand Solutions Head will join a young media start-up to build its revenue stream through advertising and sponsorship with brands for content created on our YouTube channel Pocket Change.
- Identify branding opportunities across the Pocket Change properties, and potential brand partnerships that hold revenue potential for the brand
- Build and maintain business relationships with marketing and brand management teams of key clients; conduct outreach with prospective clients on regular basis
- Be responsible for servicing commissioned branded projects from ideation through completion, and seeking a clear brief from clients to understand the brand positioning, key marketing challenges, brand/initiative objectives, budgets, audience insights, etc.
- Strategize, ideate and provide innovative solutions of brand integration ideas, intellectual properties, influencer collaborations, and multimedia 360 degree solutions to the client that will help them promote their product or services through our content
- Create and build captivating, data-driven pitch presentations customized to clients’ requirements, working closely with the editorial & marketing teams on development & presentation of the ideas
- Coordinating with the production & marketing teams to ensure deliverables are executed in the content as per the agreed terms and timelines
- Create strong metrics for campaign performance reports and provide analysis to clients and internal team
- Monitor marketing trends, competitor channels, and finetune the content strategy accordingly; offer regular case studies of innovative offerings
- Master’s/Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or General Management
- 6-10 years of experience in brand solutions and marketing within the media industry
- A good understanding of trends in content marketing, digital advertising & the short-video ecosystem
- Ability to balance creativity and commerce, and straddle interests of the creative production team and marketing teams on their limitations and opportunities
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to establish connections and working relationships across teams
- Track recording of servicing brands, for example in agency environments
- Awareness of trends in cause or social cause/purpose marketing
- Past experience of start-ups will be preferred
We actively encourage applicants from all backgrounds irrespective of gender, sexuality, caste, class, ideology, and ability, and aim to provide a healthy workspace for all.
All roles at Civic Studios require an interest in civic engagement and participative democracy.
How to apply:
Please send in your resume and a cover note to email@example.com with the name of the role you’re applying for in the subject line.